Saturday, May 9, 2009

¡Vamos a la playa! y RCP


Saturday we had a play day! We drove for two hours to go to the beach as Salinas. 
It was so fun to just relax and play at a pretty beach. 


 We also got to go on a little boat ride on the ocean! 
We mostly sat in the bow of the boat and soaked up the sun. 

Casey and I were in the same ward last year and now we're playing in Ecuador together! 
She's adorable and just put in her mission papers :)


As soon as we got back from the beach we ran over to a two stake health fair for the Church! I was in charge of teaching a 20 minute CPR class (RCP in Spanish). I was super nervous and stressed about it. One of our instructors, Debbie, teaches Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support in the US so I had her help me, especially with the Spanish vocabulary. We had a few different classes and the people switched every 20 minutes. The first class I taught was pretty rough! I even taught something out of order (I think I switched up when to open the airway and when to check for breathing)! But the rest went a little more smoothly. I even cracked a few jokes in Spanish and got a few laughs! They probably laughed hardest though when I had to sing "Staying Alive." You may remember them doing this during the CPR training on "The Office." Well it really is what they teach! This song matches the rhythm which you should do CPR to (100/minute) so I sang a lovely rendition while doing compressions on a dummy. I told them now they know why I went into nursing and not singing! 
Here's the whole group! Some of the stake members and BYU Nurses




2 comments:

Mark and Debbie Holt said...

Dang! I wish I was there to hear you sing, "Stayin' Alive"! Maybe you could perform it at the Holt Family Reunion Talent Show Night! Oh yeah baby! :)!!!!

Anonymous said...

Allie...I miss you so much...but, I am so excited that you are having this wonderful experience! It looks like you are having so much fun! You are so great! You are blessing the lives of so many people, including your own! Soak up every minute you have there! LOVE YOU!!!!!
Kalli Jo