Saturday, May 16, 2009

Delfines y la playa

Saturday we went on another excursion with the group! This time we set out to see the dolphins on a little boat ride. We drove for about an hour and a half in our vans and arrived at this little dock on a river. Taking each boat out to see the dolphins only cost $30! Gosh I love Ecuador. The boats and dock did seem a little rickety but it ended up being amazing. We enjoyed a half hour boat ride out to the ocean, where we stopped near some harbors. All these dolphins started swimming around us! We all gaped and attempted to snap photos of the cute animals. During the ride back we cozied up and took little "siestas" on the boat. 







The Junta (the hospital organization we work with) paid for our yummy lunch at a beach restaurant. I don't know why they are so nice to us but I'm glad! 
Then we ran out to the beach and played for hours! I think we all got owned by the waves a few times but it was glorious. Once I had my share of inhaling salt water and almost drowning, I took yet another "siesta," but this time on the sand. By the time we cleaned up and drove back to Guayaquil we were all pretty tuckered out. 




2 comments:

Trisha Kae said...

So fun! It sounds like you are having a fabulous time! Livin' the ecuador dream

Kimber said...

I love the photo of all of you jumping in the air! And dang! You must have been close to those dolphins!