Tuesday, May 12, 2009

¡Feliz día de las enfermeras!

Tuesday was Nurses' Day (dia de las enfermeras) here in Ecuador! 
We were invited to celebrate with the nurses here at Luis Vernaza Hospital (the one with the pretty courtyard). They asked us to have a booth at their little conference! We taught CPR with our dummies and just talked to all the nurses. It was fun to see them trying to further the nursing profession just like we're doing in the States. 

Check out the nurses' cute hats! 
Sonya and I got a kick out of their infection control tent. It's kinda different down here...
BYU and Ecuadorian nurses
Amber teaching CPR
Here's one of the cute nurse's aides I taught CPR
Then they invited us to go to mass in their cathedral! I had to snap a photo of a bunch of BYU nurses in scrubs going to mass...

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Girl! Your new pics look awesome! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Come home! :-) love you!

Mark and Debbie Holt said...

I love your picture of the girls at mass! That is classic!! I miss you!!

Kimber said...

I love that you went to mass! That's awesome!!