Thursday, July 2, 2009

I heart my Jeru Fam!



So about a year ago I returned from my study abroad in Jerusalem and I still miss it... a lot. I got to see and experience so much while I was there. My cousin, Stephanie, is there right now doing the same thing and I am so jealous! I look at her blog and just wish I were her. 
Although I am far from the city and probably won't go back any time soon, I am still in contact with a ton of the friends I made there. Way back when I think I posted about our little "Jeru Family." We were the best of buds while studying there. We each had a role like the crazy aunt, rebellious teenage son, grandma, etc. It was wonderful. Here is a family portrait we took back in the day. 

Well, the other day one of the family members, Micah, said he was going to take Jenna and I out on a date. We are all best friends and I thought it was just him being sweet. We were waiting in line at Diego's (our favorite Mexican food restaurant) when in walked our "mom" Lauren Nutall!!! Lauren has been working in Oklahoma for the past year so it was so exciting to see her sweet face!

We were so happy to be reunited! After dinner, we went over to our "father" Ted's house to surprise him. Here's a shot of mommy Lauren waking up Teddy from a nap.... 
 
It felt so good to be reunited with so many of my Jeru friends. It wasn't the whole fam but I think it was most we've had together since we got back. Hooray for study abroad besties... 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Allie cat - how are you darling! Remember how you are the cutest thing ever! I never saw this post - Micah told me about it the other day. We need to catch up soon love - I miss you!

XOXO