Thursday, July 23, 2009

Exploring the Beehive State

Oops I've already gotten behind on the blog. Well I'll try to update over the next few days. I've been busy with school, family, and those lovely research projects I love so much.

At the end of June I went on a fun trip with some ward friends to Zion's National Park! I feel bad after living in the wonderful Beehive State for a good three years I still haven't explored much. I was beyond pleased with my Zion's adventure. We drove down one night and camped on a random dirt road. The next morning we ate cake for breakfast, shot potato guns, hiked the Narrows, had a BBQ, competed in a rousing game of kickball, and played MASH until the wee hours of the morning. Talk about a good day! We finished off the trip the next day by going to a reservoir to cliff jump. If this wasn't enough already, for our last meal we stopped at In N Out in St. George. I'm still a California girl at heart.

Our makeshift campsite on the side of a dirt-road right outside the park....

Morning activity: shooting the potato gun. Oh and Lisa pulled out some amazing skills hitting our target (the cake box) the first time! Go girl!

Hiking up the narrows

This is just a glimpse of the madness.

Lisa and I just floating at the end!

Here's the whole crew

Some of us made a goal to have a squirrel on Nick's head... being good little Cougars we are very much goal-oriented.
This was the result.

Nick, Lisa, and I at the Reservoir the next day!

Hopefully Mother doesn't read this, but here's proof that I jumped off that cliff!
Crazy photo courtesy of Lisa's camera...


I promise there is more to come!

1 comment:

Trisha Kae said...

Allie-
Looks like an absolute blast! I am totally jealous that I missed it. But it makes me excited for fall! The water looks so clean compared to anything I see here! haha