Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wakeboard in the rain? Okay!

So here's a quick story about two of my dearest friends. Back in January, a group of my guy friends invited me to come to St. George with them for the weekend. Not wanting to go alone, I invited one of my favorite girls, Lisa. We spent a wonderful weekend climbing red rocks, watching rugby, and shooting guns.
 A month or so later one of those guys, Benson, and Lisa started dating! I was ecstatic. I love them both. A lot.  They are still going strong and pretty much adorable. See:

Anyway, the other day Benson invited me to come on his boat! I'm always up for a chance to wakeboard so I was in. Unfortunately, Lisa couldn't come because of finals. :( Benson went right ahead and still took out three of Lisa's friends- Breanna, Miranda, and me. 

Breanna, Me, and Miranda

Benson's a jolly boater. 
It was quite a stormy day so the water was pretty rough. We finally found a calmer spot and then it started raining! I was not too jazzed about the idea of wakeboarding in the rain but I toughened up. This was my first time wakeboarding on Utah Lake and let me tell you... it should be called Utah Swamp. The color is a lovely green-brown like a muddy puddle that's been stagnant too long. Yucky. Also, we got eaten alive by mosquitos at the dock! I am always afraid of lakes (even at pretty Folsom!) so I was really conquering a few fears in entering those cold, murky waters. Here's some pics of the fun day! 

I pretty much love Miranda... and double skis. 

See the ominous clouds behind me? 

Benson showing us the ropes... 

Breanna's first time wakeboarding... Go girl!

Benson just left to do an internship in the Dominican Republic and I already miss him. Lisa and I are counting down the days until he comes back so we can all play some more! 

6 comments:

Miranda and Tommy said...

"see the ominous clouds behind me?" more like, "see this frickin' sweet move I am pulling here."

you are awesome. that was fun.

Lisa said...

this is the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen....but i love it! =)love you lady!

Brad & Cindi Pearce Family said...

Allie, Utah lake is so dangerous with the little mini storms. If a storm comes up, seriously LEAVE!!! But other than that, I love to read your adventures and see all of the fun you are having!

Berndoggle said...

That was super fun Als! And don't you worry my lass we will definitely do it again come August! Have fun camping and I'll give you a call soon.

Jensen Family said...

WOW! It's our home lake, but we love it. We need to have come with us and teach us the ropes. We don't jump nearly as well as you. Looks like you are having a great summer. Love ya,

Allie said...

Thanks for the warning Cindi! Oh and Lisa you were the one that originally introduced me to Utah Lake! That day was so fun. Thanks for always including me with your family! I think my "tricks" are pretty lame but I'll come with you any day!