Saturday, June 13, 2009

State Track Meet with the Bear

Here's the follow-up from that last post. So I went home for the weekend to see friends and the fam but mostly to watch Brooke "The Bear" run in the California state track meet! I was super nervous going because I seemed to have some sort of jinx on Brooke the last few times I've seen her run. We all loaded up in the car and drove down to Fresno! The meet was so fun to watch because the athletes were incredible. We watched two other Granite Bay athletes- a long jumper and a pole vaulter. Finally, it was time for Brooke's race. It was terrible sitting there worried while she ran eight laps of the track. She stuck with a pack of girls the whole time and ended up getting a 17 second PR! She ran the 3200 (basically 2 miles) in 10:48. Crazy. 
She was so excited she turned and cheered after the finish line. We all hurried over to see her and she was doing a combination of laughing and crying she was so happy. She got 17th place in the whole state of California! She is amazing. This is especially impressive considering how huge California is. In a ton of other states she would have won the whole state meet with her time! I was so happy for her especially after all the training she had done. She is one of the most disciplined people I know. It was fun to finally be there at a "happy" race! Afterwards we took photos and went to In-N-Out. I love California...
It was so fun to be home and see everyone. I got to catch up with a bunch of my sweet friends- Sister Barton, Anise, and Alyssa. Dad also took the fam out to the lake on Monday night- my favorite FHE. I flew back to Utah on Tuesday. For the next two weeks until summer term starts I'm just working on my nursing research projects and living the dream in P-town! 
Here's some pics from the race! 




3 comments:

Trisha Kae said...

Congrats Brookie! I love that little girl.

Jensen Family said...

WOW! She did awesome. How great that you all got to be there for her. We love you,

Lisa said...

Allie! Glad to see you are still a blogging fool. YES, I am in provo tons. And YES, your life is SO MUCH FUN!!! You are awesome, seriously, in every sense of the word. I need to hang out with you, so that maybe some of your awesomeness will rub off on me :)