Thursday, May 1, 2008

Welcome to the blog...

Hey guys!

I thought some of you might be bored enough to read about my experiences in Jerusalem so I started this blog. I just arrived in Jerusalem yesterday. The flights actually went by quickly and I got to meet a bunch of my classmates on the way. I got up at 2:45 on Tueday morning and arrived in Tel Aviv Wednesday afternoon at 3:00.
I sat by one lovely woman from Bosnia. At first I was a little annoyed because for some reason I think she thought she had purchased two seats on the flight. Her feet seemed to follow mine, like a creep playing footsie. One time she actually pushed them diagonally across the two seats in front of us. Then she kept finding a way to elbow me every five minutes. The funniest thing was she didn't seem to even notice! I pulled out my journal and she stared over at my pictures. We shared memories with each other, although she only spoke a few words of English. As I leaned forward to fall asleep, this woman started rubbing my back. It was so tender! She ended up making that flight quite enjoyable.
We got into Tel Aviv and then drove up to the Jerusalem Center. We had some meetings and moved into our rooms. Today we had our first few classes and went on a walking tour of Jerusalem. This city is so different from anywhere I've ever been. It has so much culture, conflict, and history. We walked along the city wall, into the Palestinian side, past the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, and down into the Israeli area. I have so much to learn about the different sides of the conflict and the history.
The Jerusalem Center is so beautiful and huge! Our rooms are connected by a little terrace and then we each have a big patio through the back door. From there we can see all of the Old City- the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Dome of the Rock, the city gates, etc. I'll take a picture from there soon to show you. I'm so excited to learn about the history or my Savior and then actually see the places where the events occured. This is such an amazing opportunity. I'll try to get some more pictures up here soon.
Here's a picture of where I'm living for the next two months! Thanks for reading. Sorry it was kinda random and boring. I'm sure I'll have some crazy stories soon! I love you guys!

Allie











2 comments:

Kimber said...

Oh my goodness! That looks amazing!! I have to admit I'm totally jealous!! Sounds like such an incredible experience! Can't wait to see all of your pics and updates!!

Trisha said...

Dangit Allie you know how I refuse to create accounts on these so called "social networks". But for you I will. haha. Everything looks amazing! It is so beautiful. I hope you are having the time of your life and learning so much that you can use in our heated political policy discussions!
Love you!
p.s. would you prefer e-mails or comments on this?