Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dome of the Rock

Yesterday we visited the Dome of the Rock! I think it is the prettiest building in Jerusalem. I took a bunch of pictures of just the building itself and there's a few fun ones thrown in there. The Muslims built the Dome of the Rock around 691 AD after taking over Jerusalem. The Dome of the Rock was built on the Temple Mount. It was interesting because one side of the foundation for it is actually the Western Wall for the Jews. Further down I just have some fun pictures of our walk around the city.





This is Lion's Gate where we entered.
The clothing of these ladies is typical of Muslims in the city.

We were following these soldiers and I was determined to get a sweet picture. I was so focused on it that I actually started following them instead of our group! Luckily someone noticed and grabbed me when I started going in the wrong direction. Check out the machine guns.

This was just a colorful alley we walked down in the Muslim Quarter.


That's me in the right corner! This was a huge chuch on top of the
Temple Mount near the Dome of the Rock


These are just some friends and me posing in front of the Dome!

Thanks for reading! Sorry I didn't write more but dinner is ready! I love you all!

2 comments:

Mark and Debbie Holt said...

I love your pictures! It looks like you are having an incredible experience! We miss you! Love ~Mom

Kristie said...

Why do you have to look so cute when you travel? Make sure your friends know they better look their best to hang out w/ you.