Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hezekiah's Tunnel

This week we took a field trip to the City of David and Hezekiah's Tunnel! Both sites were amazing. We discussed the story of David and Bathsheba and looked at the possible sites. I have a picture below of the view from the top of the City of David. The stairs on the right side of the picture were probably the foundation of David's palace.
Next we started from the Gihon Spring outside the city wall and walked all the way to the city through Hezekiah's Tunnel! It was amazing. The water is still flowing; it was up to my knees! I can't believe they built this back even before Christ. It was built so that they would have a water source if they were besieged by the Assyrians. The Assyrians did come, but they were not taken over because they had fortified their city so well. It was such an adventure walking through the tiny cave with water rushing past me.
The picture at the bottom is by the Pool of Siloam, where Chist healed the blind man. We are starting to study the New Testament and I am so excited. Tomorrow actually I head to Galilee! We will be there for ten days studying the life of Christ. I'll try to blog but you have to pay for internet so we'll see. I love you guys!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: