Sunday, February 20, 2011

This cougar keeps getting older...


About a month ago I turned 23! I feel kinda old because it's getting to mid-twenties. I remember the day I realized that I would ALWAYS be older than Justin. For some reason I thought he'd catch up at some point but turns out it just doesn't work that way. It'll be unfortunate when I turn like forty and he's a mere thirty-eight. At least I have a few more years to accept it. Drawbacks to being a cougar I guess...

Enough of the age talk. My birthday was lovely. Not one but two yummy breakfasts (thanks to Ash/Justin and Trish), a sunny ski day, and Cheesecake Factory. I'll post ski pics later but here are some from Cheesecake.

My good-lookin' date
In my birthday best
Mmm... cheesecake.

Trish and I also had a combined birthday get-together of sorts for the fourth year in a row. Previous years the get-togethers have been a bit more happenin' but this year was just as fun. Trish had the idea to get desserts with all the besties at a cute shop in Orem called "Chocolate".
Justin and I (mostly Justin) had fun playing with our new camera. Too many pics but oh well.







Thanks friends for making my day!

5 comments:

Mark and Debbie Holt said...

Allie~I love you and I love that you have finally realized that you will always be older than Justin. I thought that maybe you would figure it out when you graduated from high school and went off to college and Justin was a senior at Granite Bay, finishing high school...or when he left on his mission after your sophomore year in college...or when he returned from his mission after you had graduated from college! Oh well, I'm glad that you finally figured it out and hat you had a happy happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Give Justin 3 years someday for his birthday and he will magically be older. I have a friend who did this and he magically aged 2 years in their case.

xoxo

Katie said...

so happy!! I love it. You all look so beautiful!

Kimber said...

At first I was confused because the picture of Justin appears first so I was like "oh no!! I forgot his birthday!!" Whoa... glad it was yours and not his :) Hope you had a fabulous birthday month!!

Allie said...

Haha thanks for the comments guys. I hope that does happen Annalise! Guess I'll have to wait and see :) Mom you're way too funny.